Monday, August 24, 2009

EMBA - QMT 760 Quantitative Analysis for Management

Hmmm I was trying to do bits of housekeeping of my official Lotus Notes but the thing just keep hanging.. so thinking of destressing the stress of deleting XXXXL sizes email hahaha.. had to cz my quota is nearly 99% full...

Hmm... want to jot a bit about my second class this sem.. i.e. Forecasting or the official name of Quantitative Analysis for Management.. hmm.. I dont't think I studied this during my degree year cz maybe I was doing majors in Accounting & Finance and this subject got slashed. But.. not withstanding the calculation, I quite like the subject.. granted I need to do study which would be mostly calculation exercise but I think I can overcome that... at least it wont be as bad as Economic Analysis.. that one is hazardous...

The gist of the subject is on how manager make business decision by weighting of payoff or outcomes.. usages of payoff table.. decision trees and calc such as Minimax, Maximin and EMV is done. The text book also comes with a CD for QM Excel which I think is really useful for managers making their decision...

Hmm.. the text book pages and exercise given in class.. the text book looks like ordinary calculation books :P

Our lecturer.. Prof Madya Dr. Khalipah.. very nice lecturer :).. very good with explaining concepts and making us understand the exercises given (loadsss of it)

No comments: