Thursday, June 6, 2013

First Exora Service @ 1400 km

Well, actually it shoulda be at 1000 km but apparently Kerteh - JB - Legolang - Seremban - KL - Kerteh is more than that haha..

Hubby did most of the drivings. People said to preserve the engine, the first 1000 km should be driven at 100km/h only. Well, I drill that to hubby but he only managed to disicpline himself the first 100 km.. Then usual 110 - 120 and then reaching 140 at @ PLUS.

Well, overall I am satisfied with the Exora, big space, ample rooms and lotsa nooks and crannies to store small items and drinks, really an advantage when you have kiddies with their small toys, snacks and drinks.

I drove Exora a bit on the way to Seremban. I must say, good power. You wouldn't realise that you could get up to 120 soo quickly, and a bit heavier on the pedal would get you up at 140 with no effort. However, when you slowed down and then need to push the pedal suddenly, I must say I did feel the engine strains a bit.

So, the first service cost RM140, it might cost more but hubby being a bit frugal decline the engine oil treatment stating it is still new, so we saved around RM50 there. The complaint about Proton Service Centre is unfortunately true. Tho the frontman at the SC we went to is cool and nice, the first registration as it was our first time servicing the Exora took 30 mins. Then, another 2.5 hours until we got our Exora back.

They did asked us if we had problems with our Exora, and acted surprised at taken aback when we said all are well. Make me curious that perhaps there are some unfortunates that had problem with their Exora. Alhamdulillah, thank god ours is tiptop.

We did thought that the reverse camera look a bit unaligned but apparently, all exora are like that.

What else.. Well the buttons on the steering wheel is just ok. For searching stations, changing mode, volume and bluetooth for the phones, nothing fancy.

When we got back the Exora, is was raining a bit, so yeah its true, Exora is a bit noisy when it rains, the roof sounded like tin roof. Ooo, also as the engine is turbo, there are a bit of woowoo sound when we shut the engine.. The fan is cooling down the engine. I read in the forum that this makes the Exora too noisy, but I had experiance hubby's diesel powered Sorento, trust me Sorento is noisier.

What else, hurmmm I also like Exora fuel economy. Our trip to Johor would be around RM250 or 2.5 tanks. Yeah diesel is cheaper but its still better than my new Peugeout. For RM80, I would usually get 2 trips KT Kerteh and to anf fro my office for five days so that would be 115@2+15*10 so 250 + 150 aka 400 km. Ops, actually for RM80 Exora stated it could go around 480.. Ah well.. Its a big car.



Sent by Maxis from my BlackBerry® smartphone

No comments: