Bought keropok keping (fish crackers) and serunding daging (meat floss) directly for souvenir as I personally know our lady host. Panicked a bit when we approach the runway then the pilot annouced that animal products are banned from entering Taiwan and must be declared or be prosecuted.. Ops! Don't see any warning like this in any blog.. I was getting worried but thankfully when we passed tru the customs, there were no sniffer dogs in sight so the serunding was able to be delivered safely to the intended recipient.
Our host is very generous, we were able to stop briefly at the Chang Kai Shek memorial park, Sun Yatt Seng, sight of Taipei 101.. A brief stop at our home for the next 7 nights, Capital Hotel.. Nice hotel with English garden design (lotsa of flowers and statues)... Nice! With an electronic bidet to boot... Hahaha no such thing in Malaysia so we're a bit impressed.. It can't rival what's in Japan so I am told, but it is still impressive.
Then off to our host for a dinner of Malay food.. Rice.. Really an unexpected surprised as I thought I won't see Malay food for at least 5 days.. Then trying out Taiwan MRT just to have a look at the famous Shihlin Night Market.. We were too tired with all the travelling so just took a taxi to our hotel (around TWD155 or roughly RM15.50)...
Hmmm.. Quick small facts:-
1) Now NTW100 is around RM11
2) The weather in June is similar to Malaysia.. Light jacket for night (like a windbreaker) is ok but perhaps not really necessary)..
3) Wifi hotspot is plenty especially in the hotel.. Internet is free in the hotel.. Wow!
4) Taiwanese loves scooters.. Not RXZ like us Malaysians..
5) They are discipline .. Queing for busses as well as toilets..
6) Porks are everywhere.. Food would be fabulous for my non muslim friends..
7) It looks gloomy (esp if there's drizzle).. But it is still not cool.. But I do wonder why Taiwanese still wears jackets like its really cold..
Ok.. That's it for today's report.. I'll report more tonight hopefully..
Sent by Maxis from my BlackBerry® smartphone