Thursday, April 4, 2013

Test Seating the Exora

Why test seating you might ask... Well, the showroom we went do not have a test drive unit, so I just use the whole family to test seat the Exora haha..

Yeah, I been having problem with my new old Peugeout 306, it is an old car, bought secondhand when my beloved also second hand Kia Sportage went sputtering on me. I love that Sportage.. old but very convenient, nice height, but fuel is killing me. Another car which is hubby's, is a Sorento. Also bought second hand. Hurmmm.. I love first hand cars, but hubby loves second hands' ones.

My first and the only car in my name is my Iswara, bought in 1999 and been seating at my dad's porch for about 5 years as a secondary car.. Its been nearing its life anyway, and since my brother bought a new Persona, perhaps all and all, these factors pushes me towards a new car.



Why an Exora you might ask... well, got 3 kiddies now, and seeing me a big girl... my boys and new girl would be big boys n girls too.. so that make 5 of us including mr. hubby. Sometimes my mom or mon-in-law would follow us on trips.. that would make 6... 3 adults n 3 kids.. Exora comfortably seats 7... so that's an extra seats should any of my brother and sister own or in-laws to join in as well. What I like about Exora is its size, very comfortable. I tried the 2nd row passenger seats... quite roomy legroom... quite comparable to hubby's Sorento. 3rd seats was occupied by my sons, Kimi and Haikal, very roomy for the too, as well as average size adults. Also there's a convenient nook on each side where the boys could put in their individual food and drinks.. no more shouting of who's stealing whos's snacks after this :)


The first row seat is standard.. nothing much to shout about.. yeah, the complaint about too much cheap plastic look is true, nothing inspiring there, basic design consul.. even Alza's is nicer looking (we went to a Perodua showroom straight after the Proton one just to compare haha).. but Alza is a bit tight and compact for us. Kimi and Haikal do not even show interest to jump in the back seats of Alza to try it out. Ooo.. another thing I like about Alza is the bench style seating in the first row, bet Hannah could join me and hubby there, kinda bringing me back in the early 80s, in my dad's old Nissan, when I was being the youngest, would be the one privileged to be one of the front row passanger.. no aircond during that time, just a small fan, which ate my hair during one of our balik kamping trip from Kedah to Kelantan hehe.. nostalgic :)

Alza's seat.. exactly like the one we oogled.
 
 
Yeah, that fan there evoke the memory tho the interior should be nicer in the 80s.
 
Other things I love about Exora...
- aircon vents on every row... heaven, no more conquering of aircons..
- lotsa nook and crannies for the drinks, handphone, milk bottles :)
- very very spacious
- 2nd and third row could be reclined rather than just the usual stiff upright position..
- space .. oh?! did I mentioned it again :P
- $$$$$$
- we need a comfy ride cz there's a lotta plan to go Cuti-cuti Malaysia soon hehe :P

Since around 9/1/2013, Proton had rolled out a very nice alternative for those slightly tight on budget.. RM69K for a basic Exora (aka no premium accessories such as DVD, leather seats), but still retaining its safety features with CFE engine. Well, I do not know much about what CFE means, but in a layman term, it gives more turbo or boost power to Exora's 1.6 litre engine to help carry Exora body mass.. well, it is a big car so rationally, it would definitely weight a bit.

Perhaps the info I cilok from paultan.org would help explain a bit:-

Proton has added a new variant to its Exora MPV range. With the new Proton Exora Bold 1.6 CFE Standard, one can now have a turbocharged CFE engine in the more affordable Standard spec. Previously, turbo power was exclusive to the Exora Bold 1.6 CFE Premium, which remains as the range topper, six-seater Exora Prime aside.

The Exora Bold 1.6 CFE Standard is priced at RM69,000 on-the-road with insurance and metallic paint, which is slightly over RM10k cheaper than the RM80,012 Premium that was launched in December 2011. Further down the range, there’s a basic Campro CPS, manual transmission variant.

exora-cfe-std-spec

The Exora Bold Standard uses the same powertrain pairing as the Exora Premium and top-spec PrevĂ© – a turbocharged 1.6 CFE engine with 138 hp and 205 Nm of torque, paired to a CVT gearbox. 0-100 km/h acceleration is done in 11.3 seconds, while top speed is 185 km/h.

The listed performance figures are identical to the Premium, but since the Standard is 86 kg lighter (1,400 vs 1,486 kg) we won’t be surprised if it’s slightly faster.



Drool .. the Exora Standard CFE - this is my quote :P

Like the Premium, it comes with ABS, EBD, dual airbags and all round disc brakes. Also missing are leather seats, reverse sensors, Bluetooth and DVD functions for the ICE system, steering wheel buttons, cruise control and auto folding wing mirrors.

I hope to trade in my old Iswara (was told that I could only get max 3K for it).. and then transfer my NCD (No claim discount) to the Exora.. Hurmm, just gotta wait a few more months to get some small stupid loan settled first before I could comfortably pay the Exora.

Hubby loves a Cross Touran, but well, it is very expansive, near RM170K.. I don't believe in spending that kind of money especially when he's on a new job and not a permanent staff yet.. perhaps not yet. We compromised in a way, I would buy an Exora, and he would buy a second hand Cross Touran.. haha 2nd hand again :P

Anyway, wish me luck! Hope to post my new Exora pics soon or at least by year end, god willing :)

No comments: