Monday, November 21, 2011

Monsoon 2011 is Here!

Around 3 o'clock this morning, I was waken from a deep slumber by the hard hitting rain.. Sudden but really heavy, well.. Rain mean more comfy sleep for me so I was in deep slumber again soon after that haha :)

Anyway, this morning when I open my door to go for work, I was very surprised to see the amount of water in front of my door.. Just a few hours of rain and this is the result?!? Usually it would take a couple of days of continuos rain previously before my frontyard become a wading pool like that. Anyway, when I read the news it seems that the meteorology department had issued a yellow alert warning for heavy rain in the east coast Malaysia including my state, Terengganu from today til end of the week with high probability of flooding. Yikes! Sound so dire indeed, but logical. Even for a half night of rain, some part of the roads had half of it covered with water esp. those with inadequate drainage (as most in Terengganu are)..

Anyway, I think it would be a good interesting coincidence for the Terengganu's Monsoon Cup to held this weekend, around 25 - 27 November 2011.. Usually the event has been blessed (or unblessed) with sunny days and occasional very light drizzle, but if the weather continue, the race would be heaps interesting with heavy rain, choppy waters with height of almost 3 meters (source the meteorological report just now).. Seems very interesting, ain't it?

Well, have to say, another interesting event is Sukan SEA tonight, the football match between Malaysia and Indonesia, it would be a fierce fight but definitely interesting. I will be in front of my telly cheering "Go! Go! Harimau Malaya!!!!!!!"

No comments: