Thursday, August 11, 2011

Bunga Kantan - Laksa Flower

I am in the process of deleting my snapped pics from my BB. Uploaded them yesterday to my PC - all 2,600 of them. Hahaha.. I am trigger happy with my mobile's camera :P

So, I am in the process of deleting the picture when I came across this laksa flower or bunga kantan plant.

Truth to be told, this is the first time I saw it during my lifetime. Usually we bought it at the markets just like that. I always thought that it was some sort of lotus (teratai) buds. They kinda look the same for me.. You know.. Pink etc.. So, I had imagined that the farmers need to row across the lake to get to them.

Anyway, I snapped this when I ventured into mom in law garden in the back of her house. It was some sort of small jungle there hehehe.. She said that she wanted to get something to cook singgang (a type of boiled dish for meat or fish) and needed some laksa flower.

So, I follow this and rewarded with this picture. The laksa flower plant looks like an ornamental type of plant and seems to like shady places. This one grow underneath the coconut tree.

Hmmm.. I gotta get some for my garden to soon :)

p/s - sorry the blurry pic - I was happily snapping away when my mom in law warn me that pacat (leech) is prevalent here so I rush back to the viccinity of the house pronto. Sure enough there's a pacat on one of my leg. A second check, I discover a baby pacat (the smallest I've seen) on another leg. Yikes!
Sent by Maxis from my BlackBerry® smartphone

No comments: