Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Happy Merdeka Raya :)

Let me be honest here - the reason I love Raya so much is definitely the food. The must have that my mom always prepare is the lontong or some would call it Lodeh.. Nasi kapit (himpit or pressed rice).. Mixed together with Sayur Masak Lemak (veggie with coconut) - put extraa suhoon please and sambal bilis (anchovies sambal).. And I am in heaven.. It is my mom's signature dish on Hari Raya and in Terengganu, where Nasi Dagang is the usual Raya dish, it stand out on its own. We managed to teach some of my brothers' friends to eat them.. And now for Hari Raya, they would come in droves to savour it hahaha :)

Another one is the Rendang Daging - for the past few years I would be the one sponsering the purchase of meat.. But let me tell you, the way my mom cooks it - again, heaven on earth. It is nice to be eaten with lemang (glutanious rice cooked in bamboo with coconut milk).. But, sometimes when lemang would be out of stock (we purchase lemang - never tried to cook it).. Nasi kapit is suffice and even add to the lontong, it would be stupendeous.

Hmmm.. I love Hari Raya :)

Sent by Maxis from my BlackBerry® smartphone

No comments: